Its sad to know that at this time tomorrow, I'll be on a plane back to the States. But as I think about it now, I know that this isn't a final goodbye. I know (and hope) that I'll return to this place. Tomorrow, when I see the island disappear in the window of the plane, I look forward to when I see that island again.
But all good things must come to an end.
These past 13 days have been, for lack of a better word, awesome. I made a lot of new friends and strengthened the friendships I already had. I saw and did some pretty cool things too; 9 sea turtles, lots and lots of fish, huge coral, and swam with dolphins.
All of this for 4 units of upper division biology...
Most of the group doesn't want to leave...and I dont blame them. Part of me doesn't want to leave either. But this is only a vacation...the real world awaits. Fortunately this is the field that I want to get into, so maybe some day in the future it wont be a vacation, but a job. I'm glad to be heading home. I look forward to the plane landing in LAX at midnight. And most of all, I look forward to not having to put on bug repellent before leaving the room.
But the end of this trip means the start of a new one: Lake Havasu. My family, friends, and dogs await me.
So here I am, signing off for the last time. Thanks to those who read and commented on this blog of mine. I look forward to sharing all the photos and the experience with you in person real soon.
So long Roatan, its been nice knowing ya.
Me and my dive buddy, Rob.
Dr. Houston, Marvin, and Jennifer
The whole crew...LMU Study Abroad: Roatan, Honduras 2010.
No comments:
Post a Comment