Roatan - Where is it?

Roatan - Where is it?

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Fiesta Night: BBQ, Limbo Contest, Fire Dancing...and Hermit Crab racing!

Well last night was fun.  First there were the tasty beef ribs and happy hour.  Then there was hermit crab racing followed by fire dancers.  Lastly there was a limbo contest, couples dance contest, and just dancing.  This all went late into the night...and when I say late, I mean 9:30ish.
Sunset on day 4 here at Roatan.  There was some wicked lightning last night way off on the horizon.
It was one of our groups birthday yesterday so he got a cake.

Hermit crab racing...that guy was from the Nebraska college group...he was super wasted that night.  One of our own, Terry, won.

Messing around with shutter speed + fire dancers = amazing photos.

Dr. Houston and Miss Linda having fun.
The dance party that ended the fiesta.  I forgot to mention that another one of our group, Lizzy, was crowned 'Limbo Queen'.

Our dolphin encounter is quickly approaching (Saturday) and so are the first tests.  Among the midst of the Fiesta night, lounging on the beach and seeing more turtles (5 so far!), I tend to forget that his is summer school and not an epicly amazing vacation.

Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Ben, how come no recent postings? Miss and love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete